HEI, Inc. is a manufacturer specializing in Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS), including Medical Device Manufacturing, Microelectronic Assembly, Turn Key Manufacturing, ATE Services, Ceramic, and Flex & Rigid Flex Substrate Manufacturing. We serve a wide variety of industries. We place a high value on performance excellence, career development, safety, rewards, and communication. HEI has rewarding opportunities where you can make a difference – we want to be your career choice!
HEI, Inc. has an opening at their Victoria, MN facility for a full-time Operator – Final Inspection. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager and will work closely with Production. This position will be required to use various testing equipment and provided procedures to test hybrid electronic products. In addition, this job involves technical and repetitive product testing which must be performed efficiently and with a high degree of concern for product quality.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ability to differentiate between a good part and a discrepant part with the use of visual aids such as microscopes or other inspection equipment.
· Demonstrate the ability to use measurement equipment where applicable.
· Basic setup and use of the following equipment: Digital Multimeters, OHM meters, Network Analyzers and Oscilloscopes.
· Load product in the testing equipment fixtures.
· Verify product and probes on testing equipment are aligned.
· Load computer programs for product tested as needed.
· Verify serial numbers to product being tested.
· Change out connectors and cables as needed.
· Inspects and repairs to meet all required standards.
· Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
· Understand and follow the provided HEI procedures and drawings.
· Record all necessary data on traveler.
· Follow safety rules including MSDS sheets.
· May train other production operators.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
· Great attention to detail while working at a fast pace.
· Experience with Microsoft Excel.
· Computer experience using Microsoft Windows.
· Basic math skills.
· Effective, clear, and concise communication skills.
· Read and write in English.
· Ability to operate in a team based environment.
· IPC certified or possess capability to become certified.
· Must have good hand/eye coordination.
· Ability to solve practical problems.
· Willingness to learn multiple process steps.
· Open to change.
· Self motivated.
· Positive attitude.
BACKGROUND & EDUCATION:
· High school diploma or GED.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk or hear.
· The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 20 pounds.
· The employee must be able to do simple and firm grasping with left and right hands repeatedly.
· Fine manipulation with left and right hands using tweezers.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Clean room environment.
· Moderate noise level.
· ESD sensitive.
· Required to work with chemicals.
HEI, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.